Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Waffle

Today was not a great day, but I had a delicious waffle at the end of it and that's all that matters. :D Too tired for a long post, so just a quick recap. Woke up with NO voice even though I took medicine, and was actually worse today than yesterday. Dropped my 1st period class right before lunch, and found out I actually do need that class since financial aid students have a different minimum unit requirement right after lunch. The portal site remains open only during certain hours so I was going to do it when I got home but my computer wasn't compatible with the page so it wouldn't load. Started getting antsy and was about to leave to go to a PC bang (internet cafe) when a hotel worker came to fix the internet problem in the living room (internet doesn't work in that room). The incompetent man took over an hour and I had 15 minutes before the portal closed. Ran to the nearest computer and finished it just in time! Whew! Bought myself a concoction of medicines at the pharmacy and then walked around aimlessly to find something to eat for dinner later, so I wouldn't have to come out of the hotel again in just another hour or two. Walked too far and finally I just bought some bread at a bakery that there is another franchise of right near my place -.- Ended up walking 45 minutes in the blazing sun for nothing! I sweated my pores out today! I know why this happened though; it's because I killed the fourth of the pecan pie that was left for breakfast today.

I shouldn't have bought that stupid bread. When the rest of my suite came home like an hour later they ordered chicken (delivery is free and comes straight up the elevator right to our door). Should have just waited. Anyway later around 9 I met up with David and Stella (Noah's friends who he introduced me to on Friday night. Or was it Saturday? w/evs) and met their friends from I-House last semester, Jason and Justin, in Sinchon and had a humongous and delicious waffle called the Huckleberry Waffle at Drobak's Cafe. It had two scoops of delicious ice cream on it; maybe tiramisu and mocha flavors? I had my camera with me but taking pictures was the last thing on my mind when I saw that huge plate.

By the way, medicine is very cheap here. It is also primarily and almost exclusively sold in pharmacies, which are everywhere! Even stuff like antacids, cold medicines, just over-the-counter stuff- they don't sell them in convenience stores like America. The most you could get is aspirin for headaches. I think it's cool though because it feels very official and serious when you describe your symptoms to the pharmacist, even if it's just "my throat hurts and my voice sounds like a man's". And even though the directions are on the box, they're so considerate and caring in explaining all the rules on how to take it.

Me and David live near each other because he's the RA for the visiting professors at Yonsei, who are staying at the Ramada Hotel, and I'm living in the Vabien, which is a branch of Ramada and only about 2 blocks away, which is housing for the international students. So he and I were lucky enough to catch the last bus (buses and subway trains stop around 12 am) home. By the way, for those who watch Korean tv shows, they are shooting 우리 결혼했어요 "We Got Married", the reality show, in our hotel!

2 comments:

shelly said...

what!!! They're shooting that at your hotel!??!!! Freaking Lucky ~ Angela you're gonna make me Cry T_T I want to be in Korea too ahhhhhh~~~ T_T;; ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 좋겠다!!!

Anonymous said...

"my throat hurts and my voice sounds like a man" LMAO

-charita