Brief recap since my last post:
Wednesday- the hottest day I have experienced so far. It was the first time in my life that I actually had sweat drops rolling down the sides of my face JUST from walking on the street. Mind you it's a 25 minute walk from campus to the subway station, in heels, and huge crowds. I went to Gangnam (rich area in Seoul) to meet up with my cousin Doori. She is a year younger than me. We went to CoEx mall and shopped, ate at Jackie Chan's chain restaurant called Jackie's Kitchen, and took fobby sticker pictures. I wish I had a scanner because those machines have the power to make you look PRETTY!! I really wanted to put them up here (hehe ;]) but when I zoomed in on it with my digicam it just got really blurry :(
Doori and me:


Jackie's Chinese food:



Oh yea we also had delicious gelato! They gave us one wrong flavor though so we took it back and she added the right one on instead of redoing the entire thing, yes! :D
I got home a little after 10 to find my roomies all getting dressed up to go clubbing! I was pooped from sweating around all day and my feet were about to burst they were so swollen. Sick! But I got ready and we went out to Shinchon. We ended up just going to a bar anyway, lucky for my feet.
We drank delicious soju cocktails (lemon, yogurt, and raspberry flavors) and got free potato wedge thing because the owner liked us ;]




About 5 of us girls left the big group and met up some different friends at another bar and just played a bunch of drinking games. Fortunately, I kept winning so I didn't have to drink ;] After, Melody, Dianne, Glory, and I went to karaoke. At first we were only going to do 1 hour because the place we went to was very expensive ($20 per hour!! that may be the average in America, but there are many places here that are like $5/90 min) but since we were the only customers and they were going to close in 2 hours anyway, they let us just sing until closing :D Finally got home around 4:30. No studying today :[
Thursday - met up with my cousin, Chaeyoung unni, in Myungdong- a big shopping district. We had DIY chicken galbi for dinner (soon becoming one of my favorite foods here by default, just because I feel like I'm eating it so often!) but it was a little unique because it had dduk with cheese inside it! A good friend of her met us there and we bargain shopped and went to a very cute cafe for some green tea bingsoo (shaved ice with ice cream and toppings). I have spent almost $300 in the past 2 days! :[


Yes, tomato is definitely in the fruit category here. It even comes out with strawberries and bananas as topping at Baskin Robbins -.- Ew!


The bra store I went to gave me this very cute plastic fan thing. I know the picture is retarded but I wanted to show the fan because a lot of stores and places give these away. It's good advertising because people actually really use them a lot. It's so hot that whenever you're outside or somewhere without AC, you need anything possible to cool down.

Came home around 11 to find my roomies getting ready for clubbing again. Damn these spur-of-the-moment decisions! After 6 hours of walking around shopping too... But I had to go because we didn't go yesterday! So glad I did because I had the time of my life.
We went to this area called Hongdae, which is the college town area in front of Hongik University. It's very very popular for all the clubs and hip places for young people. First we went to a really cute bar that wasn't like a loud, noisy bar, but more like a lounge-y, dimly lit cute indie cafe that serves alcohol. We arrived at NB2 after 12 so we still had to pay the $10 cover even though it was ladies' night. Bummer. It ended up being so packed that we left after just getting a free drink (first drink is free) and migrated to M2, a really famous club. Such a better choice! There was great music and just the right amount of crowdedness. Danny, who has a girlfriend back home of 5 years, was drunk (it was his birthday too) and getting too close so that was awkward. Danced all night with a kind of cute boy named Jun (from Michigan, a fob, a my age but still just a 1st year due to his fob issue, doing the Yonsei summer school program, leaving in September) who lives in my hotel but I've just never seen him around before. Oh yea, this could be because he didn't hear because it was so noisy inside, but I was dying of thirst and I had no cash on me so I finally worked up the courage to scream at him "man I wish I didn't throw away that beer awhile ago even if it tasted bad. I'm so thirsty now..." but he just nodded and didn't offer to buy me anything.. so he's either stupid, doesn't like me enough to spend money on me, or he just didn't hear. It WAS quite loud in there though ;] We left the club around 4 and cooled off outside just talking. I was making myself very available for conversation but Jun wasn't taking any of my bait so I think I can just drop whatever interest I had perking up. Hehe!
Friday - Woke up at noon and painted nails and played with the girls instead of studying. Field trip to a B-boy concert called "The Ballerina Who Fell in Love with a B-Boy" with the school. I went to Shinchon early to hang out with Eunjung before so we could go to bus together. The show ended up being REALLY great!! The actors also were really nice and stuck around to take pictures with us after.





The theater was in Hongdae area, so me and Eunjung wanted to hang out, perhaps go to a club afterwards since we were so close. But we decided it might be a little dangerous for two hot, vulnerable girls so we went to Ho Bar (what an odd name. it's american style though, loud hip hop and looks just like a bar in a movie. very popular, so there are many other venues. so far i've seen Ho Bar I-V [1 thru 5], but there's probably more) instead and just had some drinks. My French Kiss was pretty strong so I was feeling pretty buzzed and tired by the end of the night anyway.
Saturday - woke up early, packed, and got on the subway to the Express Bus Terminal to go home to Chungju for the weekend. Visited my grandma in the hospital, and then my 3rd uncle who is also hospitalized after a bad mountain biking accident. Had Baskin Robbins with Minshik oppa and Saerom unni and watched "The Strangers"- by far the worst movie I have ever seen in the last 5 years. Possibly my life. No plot whatsoever!
Sunday - came back home and studied all day and night for my Pre-modern Korean History quiz.
Monday - bombed the quiz. Had a pop quiz in Modern History and of course got a zero on that one since I haven't done any of the reading. Damn! We've had two pop quizzes in Modern so far and I've gotten 0's on both so far :( Today was my 2nd quiz in Pre-modern; we got our first one back today and I got a 4/15. I've got to get with the program! After class, Eunjung and I went to a cute cafe to study and have something refreshing to drink. Then we shopped a little in the streets of Shinchon and went to our first day of yoga. It was fun and not that hard. I got quite sweaty, and someone farted REALLY LOUD AND POWERFULLY during the stretching. Came home and knocked out instead of doing my reading, which was my plan :[
Tuesday - studied all day and night for my Globalization midterm tomorrow.
Wednesday - did pretty well on the midterm! No yoga today because it's raining and I have no umbrella under which to make the 30 min. trek to the yoga studio. My friends David (Oh, not the other 2 I've mentioned -.- such a common Korean name), Haesoo, and Delia came over and we ordered jja-jang-myun for lunch. We got free mandoo because the lady taking my order liked me ;] Hung out for a bit and then I had to get cracking for my Modern midterm tomorrow, which was actually today because I am writing this post on thursday afternoon, you see?
I did badly-decent. We'll see. :[
David and Delia came over again and had ice cream at our place with Glory, Grace and Dianne.
Woohoo going clubbing tonight!! Maybe Jun will be there too :D
Okay gotta nap and recover from the all-nighters so I can be full of energy tonight!!
5 comments:
lol you baller
O-em-jeee~
너 너무 놀는거 아니야? -_-;;
너무 부러워서 그래~ 히히히
나 도 팥빙수 ~ 먹고파!!! ㅠ__ㅠ
하하하 그리고 넌 누가 써비스 주며는 다 "It's because they liked me" 래. 하하하하하~ 민망 하지~
ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ jk 암튼 post 잘 읽었다 ;)
i didn't know jackie chan had restaurants. man that looks good, but then again everything looks good cuz i've been vegetarian for almost three weeks.
youre playing too much.
study more.
and take more pictures.
i am really jealous.
i am in no way a baller! i should not be spending that much money.
and yes- i am working on trying to take more pictures.
Post a Comment