So after school, me and Eunjung went to Angel-in-us Coffee, a popular cafe chain here. We had patbingsoo-flavored drink and used the computer in the internet zone there to research our trip to SINGAPORE! She just proposed the idea to me and I was like I'M DOWN! I was planning on going to Shanghai this summer, but she totally sold me. We are planning on going for about 4 days, just the two of us. It will be safer too since she's lived there a year when she was in middle school, whereas for Shanghai we both don't know anyone and can't speak Chinese. And we both don't really wanna do a tour package because we just wanna shop, relax, eat, and vacation~! Only thing is that this trip is going to be pretty pricey because it's the peak vacation season, and we're booking everything less than 3 weeks ahead.
I've decided to get my eyes done. Not the double eyelid surgery, but I want to remove some of the flab on my eyelid so it doesn't slant so much. I'm planning on doing it a few days after school is over so that I can party with everyone like crazy before they leave, get it done, sit at home for a couple days, and then jet off to Singapore with Eunjung where I won't know anyone and won't care! Apparently the majorly swollenness dies down after 2-3 days, and going outside a lot is supposed to help it a lot so I will just wander around boldly in Singapore. I am so excited. I freaking love Eunjung so this is going to be the best farewell event for us.
We also made a bunch of plans to hang out this week: Wednesday, we're going to go clubbing at Quvo with Narae. Thursday, a friend of hers who is a MALE MODEL invited us to an upscale club with his MODEL FRIENDS (holy crap what do I wear??). Saturday, the three of us are doing a "meeting" with some of her '85 friends. I wish we had the "meeting" culture in America too! It is so much fun. Basically, a group of guys and a group of girls, through the connection of friends, meet up with the purpose of finding a partner.
Yoga was not so bad because the routines start simple and get more strenuous through the week. After I was supposed to meet Noah (my older cousin who's teaching English here for a year) for dinner, but he was almost 45 minutes late! He overslept. So I chilled in a bookstore until he came, and we went to a recently-opened Italian restaurant called Canzone. They had a promotional event going on where everything was half off! The place was adorably decorated. It was at the top of a building in Shinchon so we had an AMAZING view. I didn't get a shot of the sunset because the sun went down so fast while I was eating!
The streets of Shinchon:


Yonsei campus from afar:

The seats are comfy couches!

I forgot to take pictures of the food before we dug in:


Chicken Doria (a risotto):

Carbonara pasta (cream sauce with bacon):

We had a great conversation about movies, travelling, and friends over dinner, which I think I was most glad about because sometimes we are a little awkward together. I ate too much. Actually I ate too much all day. You know when you're not really hungry but you have an appetite? Man, I hate those days.
Then my other cousin, Minshik oppa, calls me up to chat. He tells me about his new gf and I was like 'Oh I'm so jealous! I liked this one guy but it didn't work out, You're so lucky!" etc. And then he proceeded to try to hook me up with all of his rugby friends. Not that I'm complaining! If they're decent, that is ;] We'll see how this goes!
1 comment:
dang girl~ 미팅도 하고 SIngapore 도 가고~ 좋겠다~ ㅋㅋㅋ
Post a Comment