After school, Eunjung and I went to the computer lab to look up some yoga places to sign up at. We noted 2 and visited the first one, which turned out to be this totally genuine, authentic, intense yoga place that felt all zen-y. The old man at the front desk was wearing those beige colored light cotton-y clothes that Indian people wear. Or maybe not Indians, but some other kind of villager type of people. Indonesian? I don't know. This is so politically incorrect hehehe ^^;; Anyway he was obviously very serious about his job and made it clear that his place is the real thing, and not for people who follow the trend and just want to lose weight. I think he was trying to make that his selling point but we're just trying to lose some flab here. Anyway his prices were ridiculous so we decided to check out the second place. A great decision! The atmosphere was so much better, with AC and cute interior and young, pretty, female employees. The prices were cheap too! I signed up for 3 months for less than $150. It's called Hot Yoga [bikram yoga], so they turn up the heat as we yoga and sweat the fat off as we tone up our bodies. We go three times a week, MWF at 5:30 pm, so we can hang out at a cafe or something and read after class, do yoga, and then have dinner! It's right in the heart of Sinchon (downtown college town area. very city) so there are soooo many delicious and cheap places to eat. Today we didn't though because we had delicious, unhealthy pasta for lunch already hehe!
As we were getting our consultation at the places, we found out we both have scoliosis!! Another thing we have in common. We also have a very similar body type (lower half obesity. lol) and long upper body with short legs. Speaking of which, Eunnarae is like the most extreme case of long upper body+short lower LOL!! When we're all sitting together in class, we're all kinda the same height, and when we stand up to leave, both of them are shorter than me! And I thought I was a bad case! I was really surprised when I first met her, and secretly very happy. Eunjung isn't as extreme as Eunnarae, but I'm sure the 3 of us make quite a picture.
I went out for dinner with Danny, Sam, Melody, Glory, and our friend Cindy.
Cindy:

Melody:

Sam and Glory:

Me and Danny:

Glory and Danny:

Cindy and me:

We went to a nearby 철판구이집, where they cook your meat and veggies dish right in front of you. We had bulgogi with various veggies and glass noodles, plus mandoo [dumplings] and dduk [rice cake].
Before and after:


It was soo good!! I'm not sure why they gave us bibs because it was not even messy at all... They were really cute though ^^ A cross between a really big bib and a very small apron. We purposely only ordered a little (3 person order for 6 of us. lol it looks huge in the picture!) so we could have room for ice cream waffles after ^^
Unfortunately, it was not $1 like the one me and Melody had at Busan, but I've now learned that most waffle houses in the city all charge $6 and up [I once had a $13 one but that was ginormous and seriously tasted better than heaven]. This was $8, but it also came with a bunch of fruits as you can see:


We ordered 2 plates and ate to the point of uncomfortableness. Just like yesterday :( this is not a good habit to keep! Afterwards, Glory, Melody, and I went to the hotel gym to work out. It felt soooo good and refreshing to run my heart out and sweat like crazy! I felt a little less guilty about the overindulgence today ^^ Can't wait for hot yoga on Monday!!!
4 comments:
You talk about waffle in like every other post puahahaha~ Making me drool :P I'm gonna comment on every one of your posts teehee ~ I'll be major working out this summer too so 기대하렴 when I see you in Korea ;) 나도 너의 S-line 을 기대 하마~ ㅋㅋㅋㅋ 아자아자
dang all your posts about food are making me HUNGRY! lol and the body-analyzation thing is funny. im scared to think what they'd say about me ick.
its good to know youre not starving! the food looks so yummy :) miss you xoxo
Wow... I hear Bikram Yoga is pretty hardcore, I would love to do it except I sweat so much I would probably drown myself. Looks like you're having a lot of fun, continue keeping us updated. I'm a fan!
Hello, I was searching for a yoga place in Sinchon and came across your page. Can you tell me specifically where this place is at? I've been in Korea for a month and am dying to get back into it. Any help is appreciated.
Post a Comment