Sunday, July 6, 2008

I Love Minto Cafe

This morning Melody and I walked to Lotte Mart to go grocery shopping (it's only 15 minutes away). It's right near the Seoul Train Station, and we saw sooo many bums. It was so strange! I've seen bums in Korea before, but this was like Bum Paradise! I wanted to take a picture but that could have been dangerous. They were scattered everywhere like they owned the place. Supposedly this is the hot spot for war veterans. We also saw an outdoor church service going on! We heard gospel music blasting and saw a big tent kind of thing (you know, those outdoor things with only the top cover part that's being held up by 4 tall poles) with rows and rows of fold-up chairs set up with a podium at the front and an offering box on the side. Grocery stores in Korea have a surefire way of making sure the carts stay orderly and also get returned: they are all attached with a chain thing that you need to insert 100won (a dime) in order to release a cart. Once you return the cart and reattach the chain, your dime pops out! Also, I think I mentioned this before, but you need to pay for plastic bags, so we brought some bags that I had saved from before. They also have a little corner where they leave their cardboard boxes from products, so if you have a lot of groceries, you can pack it into the boxes for free. Everything's DIY and so resourceful and eco-friendly! <3 (top right; hehe forgot to take pictures again)

in addition to the basic stuff (2 breads and unlimited refills of the entire menu of teas and other beverages). They also have all these magazines you can look at while chillaxing on their comfy couches. I think they have free wi-fi because a lot of people were on their laptops and watching videos and stuff, so it's a really casual, great atmosphere. Next time I will take pictures for sure! Dude I seriously love Eun-jung though; we are soulmates! We have so many things in common and she has such a great personality. She is also really cute and I like pretty people ^^ We have so many plans to do all these things together! We have similar tastes, so we want to go shopping and EATING. We're going to take yoga and also sign up for make up classes. She found out about this thing where cosmetic school students teach normal people how to do make up that's right for your own individual face. We also want to put in fake eyelashes; she said it's less than $20 and it lasts for like a month! We're gonna be skinny and hot so we can go clubbing! She's so great, and I wish she didn't go to Penn State! At least if she went to a school in Cali then we could meet up :[

I'm really not liking how intense the summer school classes are though. Everyone agrees that it's too much reading and assignments, because the workload doesn't give people enough time to take advantage of their opportunity abroad to really look around and get to know the country and the area. Hmph!

2 comments:

Kristina Lee said...

oocute pics :) your hair is so cute! your bangs are like, perfect.

the beach outing looked fun! and i saw your comment at the end about your pooch and cheeks...im telling you, you better watch it! i was at my aunt's july 4th bbq and a family friend was there...she's a very blunt person btw...and she was lk "OH so you gained weight in college huh?" and i was like, "why yes, i did." and then she proceeded to tell me how skinny i used to be in high school.

hahahahaha thankss. and then my bro looked at my tummy in the pool and was lk "you need to do crunches."

--this is inspiration for you. DON'T BE THE FAT AMERICAN GIRL!!!

jk? kinda? you know im just looking out for you. LOVE YOUUU I MISS YOU SO MUCH. i add "check angela's blog" into my daily schedule btw :) er, kinda daily.

Unknown said...

angela!!!! I am soooo sad :(((((. I was reading your blog and I was like! OMG! Angela is at the RAMADA HOTEL! so I looked up the phone number from nepal. I called it and they connected me to the receptionist at your hostel. And they only allow people to connect you when you spell their name in English...and I am Korean myself...but they did not understand me!! So they connected me to an Andrew Park?!!! And I thought it was you for awhile so I called his friend Woo....but I had no idea how to connect to cell phones in Nepal. So I spent all this time...and then I finally reached your hostel and I sadly was only able to leave a message......I was sooo sad because I wanted to hear your voice...but I don't think you got it because you haven't mentioned it in your blog...sigh...miss you sooo sooo much missy! and seriously...i feel like I am blind to you because you never respond to my..GIVE ME YOUR ADDRESS...meanie :P hmph! :PPPFINE! if you don't want a postcard from me when I am in Nepal! man..I feel like your wife!! hehehe.;..take care of yourself..k?? miss you~~