Saturday, July 26, 2008

Another Hectic Week

Another busy week with no time to update! Succinct recap:

Monday:
Did well on my presentation and bombed my midterm. What a waste of an all-nighter; I should have just slept! Went to Beans & Berries in Shinchon with Eunjung after school and had green tea bingsoo before yoga. After I got home, I went grocery shopping at Hanaro with Grace, Melody, and Delia. Then I finally knocked out for a very necessary nap. Woke up, worked on my cushion (my current cross-stitching project), and just chilled with Glory and Dianne. A perfect way to relax from all that mind-numbing studying. Great weather today!

Tuesday:
Great weather again! It was supposed to rain yesterday and today but nope! Not even humid or anything. Went to Hanaro again after school because Glo didn't get to go yesterday and she didn't know how to get there. Shopping in Eedeh (college town area near Ewha University. It's an all-girls college so it's the best place for girl shopping, hair, nails, etc.) with Glo, Delia, Cindy, Dianne, and Melody. Got my hair trimmed:

Afterwards, we hopped on the subway to go to Chungyechun, the manmade river in Seoul:




Then we went to Dongdaemun to shop some more! It's a huge shopping district with many shopping centers as well as outdoor shopping.

Finally home at 4 am, with my purchases:


Wednesday:
Got a zero on my Modern History pop quiz. Got my Modern midterm grade back: C-, and Globalization too: C+. Hmm. Rainy today! After school, usually I would hang out with Eunjung for the couple hours before yoga, but she had plans and couldn't come to yoga today anyway, and plus I was soo tired from the 2 hours of sleep I had last night, so I just went home and took an hour nap before yoga. Yoga's getting tougher! I'm realizing how weak my muscles are because when they make us hold our positions I'm trembling so bad. I feel like my legs are getting shapelier though! This could also be because I always wear heels and freaking walk miles everyday. There was an annual summer party event for Korean Americans at a club in Hongdae called Catchlight, so even though it was pouring, I went with David S., Josh, Jonathan, and Peter. Jun was a no-show, that bizzatch. He said he might come, which was the only reason I even went! I didn't want to go out in the freaking rain! Anyway, it was definitely a gyopo (2nd generation Korean, like me) party because everyone looked ktown and there was also one "show" time kind of thing where 5 girls went up on stage to compete, for no prize, to see who gave the best lap dance. How degrading! But damn some of them were hot, and so good at dancing too. Ran into a bunch of people I knew there too, and I was having a lot of fun and in a great mood because so many cute guys were asking me to dance and buying me drinks (score!! first time haha) so I didn't go home with my friends when they left around 3. Actually, there were a lot of really way-too pervy and aggressive guys there. That was kinda scary. There were 2 different guys who I actually got really scared dancing with and really wished I had left earlier. Actually in the beginning when I first got to the club with my guy friends, it was kinda awkward so me and David were playing a game where I picked any girl and he picked any guy for each other and we had to dance with them for one song. My first challenge was a totally humiliating loss because I started dancing in front of this guy leaning on a wall and at first he just kind of stood there. Then he sideways scootched away to escape me :( That totally shot down my self-esteem!! But by the end of the night I totally won that game ;] Anyway, so instead I decided to stay longer and leave with some people I ran into there who also live in my hotel. I regretted it later because she disappeared later and left without me. Fortunately, by the time I realized that, I ran outside in hopes of catching her, which I didn't, but I did run into other S-House people so I got into a cab with them. Later I didn't feel as angry because I found out she got totally wasted and barfed all over the guys' bathroom and got kicked out, which is why she had to leave. Plus we didn't have each other's numbers so she couldn't tell me. Anyway, finally got home around 5 am.

Thursday:
Slept through all my classes! EAP threw a lunch party for us to give us a chance to mingle with some Yonsei students. It was so good! We had sweet potato pizza from Papa John's, ddukbokki, sandwiches, and patbingsoo! I ate way too much. Came home and knocked out. It wasn't as rainy today, and since it's Ladies' Night Thursday, we were planning on going clubbing, but people were more wanting to keep it chill and just go to a bar and NRB. A big group of 12 of us went to Jongno area and went to a hof. Jun came :] It's an area full of nightclubs, which is different from the clubs we usually go to. These are called "night"s and it's where creepy people go. Here, they have the "booking" tradition where guys go and pay for a room, and then they slip the waiter some money to drag over cute girls to their room. These girls are obviously not innocent victims, since they're in the freaking night in the first place, right? If they really want to just dance and have fun, they should go to a club not a night! It's like those girls who wear hoochie clothes and get mad at guys for looking -.- Anyway, since there were so many of us we had to take 3 taxis and we ended up getting dropped off in different areas. So when me and 3 other girls were walking to the meeting point, we got bombarded with people on the street trying to convince us to go to their nights. Scary! They would actually grab our arms!

Anyway so at the hof, I get pushed around and sat next to Jun :] Until then I had been too shy to even look at him, and he hadn't tried to talk to me or anything so I was happy. Usually I'm really lightweight but tonight the alcohol was going down like water! I was pretty surprised at myself because I didn't even eat dinner! In the beginning of the night I was so nervous my stomach hurt, but throughout the night I confirmed that I don't like him. He's a really cute and funny guy so I would want to be his friend for sure, but I didn't feel any chemistry. Not just that I didn't feel like he liked me, but I didn't really feel anything special from myself either. That was kind of surprising to myself too because he's really my ideal type of guy. Not just his looks and style, but personality-wise too. I wonder why I don't have any special feelings for him- logically I should! I guess emotions don't work like formulas. (Haha how lame!) After drinking, we went to a nearby NRB and sang for about an hour. Jun and I sang a couple duets too! Not that it matters anymore lol. I'll post photos later when other people upload them on facebook because I didn't take any. Got home around 4:30. Damn I still can't believe my new lifestyle. It's because I'm hanging out with the people who are only here for summer, and since they only have 2 more weeks left they are playing like crazy.

Friday (today):
Woke up at 1 pm, showered and got ready to go to yoga. I woke up starving, but they don't let you eat 2 hours before and after yoga-ing. I can understand the not eating before, but why not after? I always break that rule. Then shopping in Dongdaemun with Eunjung and Narae. Shopping for 6 hours in heels = insanity! My feet are finally better now after resting for a couple hours. I hope I lost weight today- I only ate 1 meal and probably burned about 10000 calories. Man, I seriously love Eunjung and Narae. They are so fun and sweet. I'm going to REALLY miss them :[

Oh yea here are some pictures from Saturday night when a bunch of us went to a bar in Hongdae, before we split up into a group that went to NRB, and a group that went to Quvo and I danced with Jun for the second time.



Damn I have to wake up at 6 tomorrow so I can get to Chungju nice and early since I'm not sleeping over. That's like 3 hours of sleep! My skin is so bad lately because I haven't been sleeping too :[

2 comments:

Kristina Lee said...

the epidermis looks fine from the pics, but DAM woman! it might be suffering a lil teeny bit bc youve been partying so much! when the heck did you start clubbing so much? this is like, a whole new angela to me. i cant wait til u get home. and btw your hair looks amazing. sounds like a jolly good times...lots of fun! so, if i wanted to teach abroad and korea offers the best pay, do you think i would enjoy it there? be honest.

shelly said...

Wowzerz~
Angela 살 더 빠졌는데
와~ "so Hot hot"...wondergirls hahaaha
You're gonna be 자빠트려ing all dem boys~ kekekeke
Be careful though ^0^
남자들 are 늑대들~ rar! heeheehee
Ooohh~ is Ktina going to Korea to teach too? Angela where do you think i can look for a tutoring position? I can't seem to find it online~ and I heard private tutoring is not legal. hmmm... 고민 -_-;;