Thursday, July 3, 2008

My New Friend! :D

Yesterday I didn't post because I came home late and just knocked out. I'm so glad this cold is almost gone because I get so drowsy from the medicine! After school, I went to my 2nd cousins' house in Jamshil, another neighborhood in Seoul. I ate dinner and hung out with my aunt and the two boys, Young-Jun and Hyuk-Jun. Young-Jun is the same age as me and Hyuk-Jun is a first year in college, and they're both really short. They're funny and friendly but it wasn't as fun hanging out with them as it is with my girl cousins ^^ It was a little boring and uncomfortable because they were kind of awkward and shy-ish. Looking forward to getting closer and more comfortable with them so we can play a lot!


Today was a great day! I met a great girl today (that sounds weird hehe) and her name is Eun-Jung Moon. She's in both of my history classes so we're gonna sit next to each other everyday and be partners for everything. She's a third year at Penn State but only went to America 2 years ago so she's pretty fob. We hit it off right away! We just clicked and talked very comfortably. She came in late and took the empty seat next to me and asked me what was going on so it was like fate! Then during class, the girl on the other side of me struck up conversation with me too so now we're all friends ^^ She's a 2nd year at UCLA and a fob too. There seems to be a lot of fobs in the Yonsei International Summer School; I guess it's nice for them since they can come back home and visit everyone and at the same time do summer school for transferrable credits. I'm so glad, because I was getting worried that if I hung out too much with my EAP friends, I wouldn't get to practice my Korean very much. Besides, the friends I've made here are all really really nice and all, but I hadn't really met anyone that I feel totally comfortable with and CLICK with. So fortunately, me and Eunjung both don't have 4th periods and end at 3 pm. She was supposed to meet her elementary school friend who lives in Illinois now and is going back to America this weekend, but she invited me along because she wanted to hang out with me :] I was worried that it would be awkward and that I was imposing by saying yes when she was just inviting me to be nice. But she seemed really sincere so I tagged along ^^ First we went to Polucci's, a cafe, and had delicious gelato. Then we went to a huge 2-floor McDonalds. Their Big Mac's are actually bigger and have a little round paper slip that keeps its shape. After, we went to this REALLY cute cafe/lounge called Minto Maeul, or Minto Village. Basically, there are 2 main floors with lots of tables and comfy seats and couches. You can pay the base price of $5 per person, for which you get free drinks and refills from a set list of choices, and a choice of bread, rice cake, or ramen per person. If you pay a little more, you have different choices you can choose from. They also serve food food, like pasta and dishes, but it's kinda pricey. There's also a huge menu of coffees, teas, ice cream, shaved ice, etc. So many flavors I never heard of too! They also hire the workers by appearances so everyone's cute hahaha! We hung out there for over an hour. Eunjung and I get along REALLY well, and her friend was really tall and cute and great too ^^* He looked like this singer named Lee Seung Ki! SO too bad that he's leaving :[ After we split up, I felt so guilty about all the eating I did so I purposely got off at the wrong subway stop at the Seoul City Hall so I could walk home for about 20 minutes. I was really glad I did that because when I came up out of the station, I saw some protesting going on. Also, as I was walking home I passed by the place where Namdaemun used to be, before it was burned down. It's being remodeled behind this wall (you can kind of see the top):

2 comments:

shelly said...

Dang I'm like addicted to your blog hahahah~ I am your most avid reader hahahahaha~!!! Hey Are you not staying in Korea during the winter? My mom told me you weren't!! I thought I was gonna visit you!!! T_T

Kristina Lee said...

to be updating everyday! anyway, the posts have been thoroughly informative. WHY DID YOU BUY THE BREAD???? carbs, jla. carbs. do they have a gym at the hotel? are you working out? its really just an innocent question..

anyway your celeb story is so funny how they started bowing to you and stuff. on a side note, i ran into LINDSAY LOHAN while at work the other day!! she was in this jewelry shop and i was in my office, and an intern was like THE PAPARAZZI ARE AT 14 KARAT!! (the jewelry shop) so she and i went into the shop like we owned that stuff, and right when we got out the elevator she was walking in.

she is really skinny and has very damaged hair.

MISS YOU!!! so glad youre doing well and making friends!!