




On Sundays, sometimes we go grocery shopping at Homeplus, which is just a 7 minute bus ride away from DMC. Everybody else in town goes too:


One of many cakes in the past few weeks:

Actually, this wasn't even a birthday cake. It was a just-because cake that Glo picked up on the way home to celebrate how much we love sweet potato cake.
I think this is when I started putting on some pounds... During the time I was in Korea, I was pretty good at keeping the weight off and actually lost some (I credit all the walking, clubbing, my hot yoga class, and the wonderful gym at DMC (ok fine the gym doesn't deserve that much credit)). But what with exorbitant and excessive eating as I try to meet everyone I can for final visits :( and all the birthdays (seriously, everyone has their birthdays at the end of the year! Hehe, me too) I've been steadily gaining. Man.
I heard about this cafe in Hongdae with a Peanuts theme, so Ray, Dianne, Jen, and I decided to check it out and study for finals. We got to Charlie Brown Cafe, but unfortunately it seemed to be very popular and the place was packed! We just snapped a couple of pictures and moved on, disappointed. Dianne is a big fan of Charlie Brown, and I have received comments that I slightly resemble Lucy so we had been kind of excited about it.




After wandering around Hongdae for a bit, we found other cute cafes (seriously, Hongdae is filled with them!) in back alleys so it wasn't a problem.
Tea and cake:



We also had Mexican food for lunch that day, but we were too starved so we didn't take any pictures before we devoured our food. But here is Choi's Tacos, a Mexican food shop in Shinchon that sucks:



Her quesadilla is so small you can hardly see it on her tray.
No comments:
Post a Comment