Saturday, June 28, 2008

Seoul City Tour

Today EAP organized a tour of the capital, which was just meh. We looked at a couple old palaces, which were not only identical to each other, but also identical to the ones I saw in Kyungju with my aunt, mom, and cousin (pix from post below). We also went to a National Folk Museum and drove by the Blue House - Korea's version of the White House. We ate lunch at Insadong- a neighborhood that is a tourist attraction because it hosts many cultural shops and restaurants. Finally we went to Namsan Tower, which is the highest point in Korea. It was drizzling and gloomy today so the view was whatever.
There were a bunch of stores and stuff around the place, including the Teddy Bear Museum, which was actually just a store selling different teddy bear products. They did have a little area for pictures though:


Oh yea, I forgot to say last night that yesterday I went to the world's biggest Starbucks! It's right near campus and it's 3 stories! I'll take a picture next time ^^ The coffee is so overpriced though; at least a good $1.50 more expensive than the same stuff as in America.

After the tour I was so drained because it was from 9-5:30, but I had plans to meet up with my cousin Noah and Chris, the guy from yesterday, for dinner. Noah also invited 3 of his friends from back home who were on the Spring semester for EAP at Yonsei. They just ended but are staying the summer to tutor and make money. We had chicken and Red Mango for dessert again, hehe same menu as last night but I don't mind! It's so good <3 We met in Ichon, which is in a different area in Seoul, near the Han River. The plan was to walk along the river after, but it was too drizzly so we hopped on the subway to go watch a movie at a nearby theater in a big shopping center. But the movie times didn't really fit so we ended up just splitting up. Good! Because I was tired.

Tomorrow I'm going to Jubilee Church with Noah. It's in Kangnam, a very nice area in Seoul, and the praise leader is the singer Tim!! After I'm having dinner and hanging out with Haki unni, another cousin. She's 26 and the first daughter of Uncle 4.

1 comment:

Kristina Lee said...

hi! dang you updated quickly. this is a response to all three of your posts that i hadn't read. mmm it seems like you're having a wonderful time! i'm so glad you're meeting ppl your age now fhaha so you can socialize and do all the study-abroad-meet-people-from-around-the-world/california thing. your niece looks sooo cute! and laser hair removal? thats a really dam good price dude. $250 for 6 treatments...yayy your armpits get to be electrocuted like 6 times. joy.

and wow you're so lucky to meet all these nice strangers. your story about not having the money to check in would have SCARED ME so much. i might have cried. but hey, these are the adventures you have when youre all alone. and your place is BALLIN. so nice! so clean! and youre so selfish to want your roomie to be gone!!! your apt mates woulda thought you were so mean. hahaha...but hey, queen sized bed? jla youre getting super lucky on this trip. lol 'early bird gets the worm' haha. anyway i miss you tons and love you very, very much. your hair looks good from what i can see! XOXOXO