Sunday, June 29, 2008

Church and Cousins

I went to Jubilee church today in Gangnam with Noah. I felt pro on the subway today because I had to transfer 5 times and now I finally have the feel of the system! Before service, we ate a really quick lunch at Burger King, where I ordered a bulgogi burger. Damn good! The fries are better here too! Not as greasy and more potato-y. My whole meal only cost $3.70! The service was amazing. The praise leader is the singer Tim, and his older brother is the pastor. His other siblings work within the church too; very cool. Anyway, everything is in English since its geared for the English-speaking community in Seoul. It has a huge congregation so it has a morning and an afternoon service, and it was packed! I could see why because, although I'm sure a lot of people go just to see Tim, but the pastor is a great speaker. He is really casual and funny and down-to-earth.

After church, I met up with Doori, Haki unni, and Haki unni's boyfriend. It was around 4:30 and too early for dinner so we went to Sureh Maeul, an area in Seoul that a lot of French and Italian people live in. It was cool seeing French/Italian people walking around talking in their languages. We went to a cafe/bakery called Paris Croissant and had something refreshing to drink because it was hot and the Italian restaurant we were going to didn't open til 6. We had a little bit of the delicious pecan pie along with our drinks that her boyfriend bought for me. Can't wait to have the leftovers for breakfast tomorrow!

After, we went to Kitchen Flor and shared a seafood salad with some kind of fruity dressing, a seafoody spaghetti, fusion pad thai, and scallop risotto. I'm making up for the lack of food pictures with details ^^ It was kind of a pricey dinner so I felt very thankful <3

Then we went to Itaewon, the district in Seoul where the most foreigners live. Lots of white and black people everywhere!!! It was weird! I heard so many accents of English, since it's not all Americans. We walked by a pub and it seriously felt like a bar in America because there was a big group of beefy white guys holding beer glasses and being all rowdy and loud. We went to a different bar kind of place and sat outside with our margaritas. It was so cute!


Oh yea and here are some more pictures from yesterday's outing:
My roommate, Melody:

A big group of us at lunch in Insadong:
The two girls next to the guy are Grace and Dianne, my suitemates.

Oh here they are again:
Dianne in gray, Grace in purple at the Omurice place for Friday lunch.


Tomorrow's the first day of class and I am not happy. Before, I was super excited about all the classes I was taking and trying to figure out a way around the unit ceiling because I couldn't decide which ones I wanted the most. Now, I'm trying to figure out a way to drop as many classes as I can and do the bare minimum. I don't know what I was thinking before!!!!

No comments: