Hm, so I don't know what happened but my last post repeated itself several times. I had nothing to do with it. Anyway this one is going to be a quickie because I am at work. I'm done with class for the day but I'm using the office computer while my boss is in class.
Have you ever used a bidet before? Koreans can't live without them. Seriously, you might find yourself in a public restroom that doesn't have t.p. (it's not even like the roll is out, there just isn't any. not even the dispenser), but you will be hardpressed to find yourself in one without a bidet. At first I was very uncomfortable with these public bidets, not the bidet itself. My family used to have them in our house before so that's fine. But in a public restroom, you're sharing a butthole sprayer with countless strangers! I know it's only the water that actually makes contact with your body, but there is so much splashing going on that there's probably the same amount of butt bacteria all over the hose thing. Anyway I guess I'm really adapting here because I finally used one today because I was feeling a little tickley back there. At least it was the one at work so I know there's not bum butt bacteria on it. (hahaha b-b-b)
I met my boy cousin this weekend for the first time since I've come here. Minshik oppa is exactly one year and 3 days older than me because his birthday is the day after Christmas. He is 184 cm (I think that's like 6'4" or something) and like over 200 pounds I bet. He's not jiggly or anything, it's mostly bulk and muscle because he's a rugby star. In fact he's on an athletic scholarship and his whole life is centered around rugby. I think it kinda sucks because it doesn't seem like he gets much interaction with the other students or experience with other activities because he lives in the rugby dorm and their practice/training/game schedule is literally almost all day everyday. It's apparently different from America where the athletes have to at least get a C average or whatever it is. He doesn't have to go to class and the school "takes care" of his grades. During testing he just sits in the classroom because his presence is mandatory. What the heck, right?
Fruit is so expensive here. It's like 10 bucks for a medium size watermelon. And everything else is at least 3-4x the price you could find fruit for in America. Oh how I miss Berkeley Bowl... T.T
My classes are getting better, and I think some of my kids like me and think I am "cool." More on that later.
On the other hand, church was 1000x worse yesterday. I came home and complained to my grandma who immediately made an escape plan for me <333 I just hope it works against my relatives. It's my first uncle's family who are the cause of all this. They are really strong Christians and his wife and daughter (Saerom unni, the girl cousin. Oh yea, Minshik oppa is her younger brother. They also have an oldest sister who got married a few years ago and moved to Seoul. She has the most adorable 2 yr. old daugher named Ju-ri and I will post pictures of her when I can. She's so funny!) have the kind of strong personality that could be cool but also intimidating when it comes to serious topics that they feel strongly about. i.e. God and church. I will tell you guys all about my hellish church experience tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
hey!
its nice to hear that your starting to like your job and stuff!
two things,
1. the bidet experience, totally unecessary.
2. can you make a family tree, because im getting my ass kicked trying to figure out how everyone is related!
hope everything is going good!
i didnt even know what a bidet was until you started going in detail. woooh way to go - it was hilarious, though! hahah. anyway im so happy for you that youre into this blogging. you will be so glad you did it.
jla, i had lunch w/ ms varela the other day and told her all about your korea trip & the demon children students you have. she was horrified. BE STERN! LAY DOWN THE LAW! but it's cool they think youre cool now...
im also glad to see you havent lost your sense of humor. for some reason i feel like when ppl go abroad, their whole identity changes. but not you! woohoo keep it up with the comical "B-B-B-'S, HAHA". God, I love you.
Fun, you have a blog for all your adventures overseas!
HAHAHAHA your butt washing experience. Yea, i saw that at one of my dad's friend's houses once. but he had like this amazing toilet that like washed your butt for you but also like air dried it for you..it's like a facial..but for your butt.
this may be kinda gross but i can totally see you crouching over the toilet, face in discomfort, using the butt washer HAHAHAHAH
OH HOW I MISS YOU GELA!
angela you have to promise me you won't come home as an evangelized christian. ALSO the other intern @ the publishing company i'm interning at reminds me SO MUCH of you. but she's also korean so i feel like i'm being really racist by saying that or something. it's just your mannerisms are the same, like the way you say "yeahhh" and the whatnot.
gosh, i sound like a terrible person in this comment...
<3 annika
you jumped around a lot. butt cleaning, rugby cousin, expensive fruit. i almost cried reading about you toilet experience!! 'tickly' was where tears started coming out haha. oh and by the way i would totally be a rugby player if i lived in korea. having grades not matter sounds fantastic!
Post a Comment