Thursday, September 18, 2008

First Day as a PR Intern!

Today was my first day at work as an intern at Prain! No, it's not the Korean pronunciation for 'plain.' It's the PR (public relations) Brain.... PRAIN! hahahaha it's so lame!!! Anyway it's the biggest PR and mass media communications company in Korea and does business with all the biggest domestic and foreign companies in Korea such as Samsung, Apple, Baskin Robbins, Citibank, Intel, Nike, etc!!! Anyway me and my friend Glory are working together in the same department and we have our own individual cubicles with our own computers and everything! I love the atmosphere and work environment. It's mostly all female staff, and everyone seems generally welcoming and friendly and fun! It's a laid-back, comfortable environment, and it seems like it's gonna be pretty flexible. I will be working 9-5 Mondays and Wednesdays, and 9-1 on Fridays. It's unpaid since we get course units for it, but Prain gives us "transportation money" at the end of the month WOOHOO! We also are allowed to eat up to $6 every lunch, which we get "reimbursed" later. So it's kinda like getting paid!

There wasn't much for us to do today, so we just got a tour and met all 5 floors of staff, got taken out to lunch, and chatted online for a bit before we took off early. I went to yoga, and then to my cousin-once-removed's housefor a birthday dinner for Noah, my other cousin. I had direction trouble on the way and ended up getting carsick on the bus I was on for 2 freakin hours because the bus driver was not a human but a monkey at the wheel!! Seriously! I don't know what he was doing!! No, HE didn't know what he was doing!! I never get carsick. But he jerked me around for 2 hours and even just thinking about it now gives me a headache. Anyway. We had a huge and delicious home-cooked meal and then ice cream and cake after!! YUM! We actually already celebrated his birthday with cake 2 days ago, as you can see the evidence from my previous previous post.


Newlyweds:

Successful (?) self-timer shot after 2 failed attempts.

Birthday boy. I look like Alfalfa with my piece of hair sticking up. Remember Alfalfa? I forgot what that movie was called.... Little Rotten something... no that's not it...


I'm eating so much these days!! Seriously, every single day for the last literal week I have been eating delicious, fattening food and way too much of it. Last time I checked I gained 2 pounds in 4 days. @.@ I need to control myself! But I'm booked for birthday parties and meal dates until next week!!

Tomorrow is my weekly lunch date with Eri, my Japanese friend! I wonder what we will eat... I'm also going to finally go to the post office and mail out the postcards I wrote a freaking month ago. Sorry babes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMGOSH!! YOUR JOB SOUNDS SO COOL! hehe....you're that girl now~~~ man...you talking about food all the time makes me all hungry whenever i read your blog! thanks for putting up more pictures of yourself tho~ wow. ms popular. "i'm booked this whole week!"...hahaha!!! good luck on your job~ break a leg!!!

Charita said...

you're very bad at updating lately. it's been a month! >:o